Friday, February 16, 2007

Urville

I saw a short documentary on autistic people and especially on autistic people with savant characteristics. Most of the documentary featured a man namned Gilles Terhin who had out of his head created the imaginary city Urville. His feeling for details and his obsession with drawing this really produced some amazing pictures and views of his city. I was very impressed with the scenery in his pictures, the sheer amount of detail and the creative vision of this city. Is this a paradox, an autistic person with a vivid imagination? I dunno, but I liked it and could not resist buying his book that contained a lot of (maybe all?) of the drawings of Urville.
By the way, I wrote this post a few months back but didn't publish it then, can't remember why, but I'm doing it now.

No comments: