Thursday, December 21, 2006

Black money

Again, with stunning clarity, has it been shown to me that it is not being fair that counts, it is not playing by the rules that works and it is not nice guys who wins.

There is a dent on my car. Its not pretty. Not at all. After a brief chat with the not-so-helpful-lady at the insurance company I understod that my insurance pretty much covers nothing. Not even the insurance company lady could explain to me exactly why I should have the insurance or pay for it. It all seems like a big fraud to me, whenever something happens and you are more or less certain that this time, this time around, I actually have a valid claim, you soon realize that in the fine print somewhere there is a small text stating that you, and especially you, will never ever get any money for that specific claim. Ever.

Not even the time when I got hit in the head with a metal chair did I get any money (granted I did stop arguing the case after three years, so I guess it is in part my fault for giving up so easily). Why on earth did I think I could get money for a dent in my car when I couldn't get money for a dent in my head?

No comments: